After nearly twenty years of corporate experience in Japan and the United States, I now have the privilege of working as a licensed psychologist in private practice. This has been my lifelong dream. My formal education includes:
- B.A. | Psychology & Asian Studies, Pitzer College
- M.A. | Counseling, Santa Clara University
- Psy.D. | Clinical Psychology, Ryokan College
In addition, I have worked extensively with adolescents, adults and elderly adults from a broad range of cultures and with various needs. I am also a certified coach and conversant in both Spanish and Japanese.
Featured speaker at TEDx Conference in May 2016. The title of the talk is "Emotions: The Data Men Miss" and it can be viewed here:
Podcast with communications coach, Bronwyn Saglimbeni, interviewing me about my work with high functioning adults.
An interview with me on KTVU (The Bay Area's Fox affiliate TV station) after the 2015 Super Bowl:
- Co-Founder and facilitator at Facebook Headquarters of an international program called Project Reciprocity to assist its eCrimes Department
- Member of Santa Clara County Psychological Association (served on the executive board for two years)
- Member of California Psychological Association
- Former Member of Santa Clara University’s Human Subjects Committee Institutional Review Board